Mammography is a test used for screening pathologies of breasts.
The test is performed in two stages in the first stage, specialized high-resolution state-of-the-art, dedicated machine is used to obtain X-Rays of the breast from different angles by a lady technician. In the second stage, sonography of the breast is done.
It is generally performed in case of lumps in the breast.
The test can be performed preventively to look for / screening for breast cancer or in case of various suspected breast diseases.
• Wear easily changeable clothes.
• You will be given a gown to change into.
• Do not apply any deodorants, powder and perfume on the day of the test.
• Do not carry excess cash or wear ornaments.
• Inform the technologist if you can be pregnant / breastfeeding / any breast implants / previous operative scars/moles over the breast.
• Please carry previous medical reports/documents while coming for the test.